Thursday, August 11, 2011

The rest of day 5

The rest of day 5

Well I got into busan without a hitch, it was after I exited the train station that the hitches started...

As a side note I really really need a working cellphone.

Anyway, I called up nick and he was out drinking with some friends. Unfortunately I didn't think I would be able to being all my luggage into the bar he was at (turns out I totally could have) so I sent a half hour looking for a locker to put my shit in (turns out there were lockers at the station he was drinking near) I eventually found one in Seoul station. So I hopped on the 45min subway ride to get to his station (a very nice beach) and got off a station to early.  I figured out I wasn't in a drinking area after about a  half hour of wandering around a yhat  club. Anyway I got to the station finally, and took two more wrong turns before finding the complex that held the bar. Turns out the bar was on the second floor, unlabeled, and behind not one but two blind turns.

When I finally got there thought it was really nice, actually like walking into a little slice of America.

So we sat and drank and played cranium and had a great time. When I was leaving though there was this guy who over the course of the night had been saying things that I found oddly familiar. When we were walking out the door he started talking about his friend that lived in tokyo, and went to George tech. He kept on saying stuff like "a town down" finally I asked him if his friend was named Julian Prokay by any chance. Turns out it was, Julian, the guy who lived 3 doors down from me for a year had visited this guy in busan no more than two months ago. After that my mind was so blown I went home.

Before I got hone thought I had to pick um my luggage from Seoul station, turns out the station closes at 23:00 so my stuff was stuck there until the next day, kind of a bummer meant I had to sleep in contacts.

After that I was so bummed  had mcdonalds (fairly good here, but doesn't compare to japan) and went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment