Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 6

Day 6 

Well today I got up early, walled through a typhoon to get my stuff from busan station, walked back through a typhoon chilled out on the Internet while my stuff dried and decided it was time for a nap until 3. When I finally got out to see the city. I decided to walk to Seoul tower, fairly close, where the event that made my day happened.

I was actually kind of bored due to the typhoon and lack of visibility, when some kid like maybe 10 is eyeing me and I can tell he wants to know how tall I am. I flash up a two thinking he is Korean, and then he asks me in Japanese how tall I am, turns out I ran into a school trip from nagoya. I of course answer in Japanese, and that's when the rest of the group just goes insane. I get like 30 kids surrounding me and asking me my height, and taking pictures, and basically just having a good time. I was really enjoying it. As I walked away some kids were still trying to jump up and be at my height. Best observation tower ever. Oh also it didn't hurt that they had a picture of the space needle.

After that, just for Geoff, I walked into the world model boat display. The displays were not as good as his, but I got some pictures anyway.

Then I tried walking from Seoul tower to a place called democracy park. It was 4 at the time and I had to be back at 5 so I didn't quite make it.

In the evening nick and I had a very Korean night of eating pizza drinking beer and watching archer and the usual suspects. At least I had an asahi black. That makes it more Korean right?

No comments:

Post a Comment