Thursday, August 11, 2011

Half of day 7

Day 7 again with the getting up late. Today I got my day started at 2 and waked up a big fucking hill to democracy park. Great view up here, also the typhoon stopped so I could actually see. 

Sadly the walk, and enjoying the view, and writing this post took two and a half hours so I've got to head back or else nick will be locked out of his apartment again.

Nick told me this was a city of moutuans. He wasn't kidding, I had to walk over two in order to make it back to his house people that talk about cougar calves should visit busan and see what a town of real hills looks like, seriously this place is worse than Seattle.

Tonight Michael gets here and tomorrow we head to Fukuoka. Should be an interesting night...

Random thoughts: when ever I visit Korea I'm always reminded how the threat of war and communisum here is actually real and how it influences all the tourist areas, if not daily life as well.

Lots and lots of old dudes just sit and play Chinese chess with each other all day, I've seen at least 10 games.
 
In the evening we again went out drinking, but this time to a bar literally built into a cave. I got dripped on quite a few times. It would have been a great place except for the tables were made out of stone and build for Koreans... Not the best. Anyway it was still a cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment