Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 8

Day 8
Today which was actually yesterday I got up at a normal time!

It was the day that Michael and I left Korea so we had to leave nicks house before he went off to work.

Michael left at 9 for his 10am ferry but I scheduled my ferry for 2:30 getting in at 5 huge mistake. I basically dicked around a giant department store for 3 hours until it was time to go. A friend wanted me to go to a beach but it was an hour away by train so I decided not to go. Trust ne when it comes down to an hour at the beach or  3 as a department store choose choose the beach.

Anyway I got on the ferry to go home. There was a shy Japanese guy next to me until he couldn't fasten his seatbelt. Then he realized I could speak Japanese and everything changed. It turns out he lived a station away from me in Tokyo and studied a bit of biology. We talked for the rest of the 3 hour ride. I wish I had some time to meet up with him when I go back to Tokyo.

I got into hakata station (Fukuoka) like an hour late, after making Michael wait there by himself for like 2 hours. We went to the hostel, which was very quiet but a nice place to sleep. We didn't really meet anyone, but that's alright.

For dinner we had ippudo (一風堂) ramen which is easily the best ramen I've ever had in my life. Their tonkstsu was ten times better than nanashi ramen in Aobadai.

After that we decided to continue my now 7 day bender by going for a drink in the main shopping / entertainment district of Fukuoka, Tenji. We couldn't really find a place we liked so we wandered around until some Korean kids asked us to help them find clubs because we spoke better Japanese then them.

We took them to a club, but one of them didn't have his ID so they got kicked out. We weren't really feeling it so we left shortly after. At that point we decided to keep drinking and ended up at a british pub that was not the hub. I was really surprised, it was nice so we just chatted for a bit and headed home early.

No comments:

Post a Comment